Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Easy Virtue by Mia Asher review

 


Easy Virtue Mia Asher.jpg


image1.JPG


Love is selfish...


My name is Blaire.
I'm the bad girl.
The other woman.
The one who never gets the guy in the end.


I'm the gold digger.
The bitch.
The one no one roots for.
The one you love to hate.


I hate myself too...


Everyone has a story. Are you ready for mine?


13593658.jpg


This book has numbed me, made my mind completely disintegrate. Usually I can grasp something and form some kind of beneficial sentence to portray what I was thinking after I finished, but this time its still like a bowl of mush!


A beautiful pain, a rawness so deeply embedded that walls have been built, indestructible, impenetrable walls. Blaire White is shatterproof.


Told in the past for the first few chapters; a 17 year old Blaire is already hard. She hasn’t had a awful life, yes her parents were assholes, while she never went without they never gave her what she craved, they never showed an ounce of love or affection. Her dad was a drunk, her mum was a flake. No wonder she is the way she is, abandonment from the people that are supposed to love you the most would fuck any normal person up.


After a tortuous childhood being bullied as a result of her parents fuckups, Blaire known by her peers as the ‘Ugly Duckling” turns into a beautiful, seductive and dangerous swan. She knows how to get what she wants, and sex is the way to get it.


“They want me. They want to touch me, groupe me, feel me...they want to screw me. And it feels good to be wanted...so good. It makes me feel powerful, and like a potent drug spreading inside your bloodstream, I want more.”  


5 years later, she’s 23, living life in New York as a hostess of a well known and very well frequented restaurant. Blaire isn’t fake, she isn’t scared to go for what she wants and doesn't bother to hide it.  She dates rich, filthy rich men and uses her body and beauty to get where or what she wants. Money is important to her, living her lifestyle of comfort is important to her; but will her empire come crashing down when her vulnerability shines through?


A chance meeting, being in the right place at the right time...those things aren't real, by why does her attraction seem to be built up when she is in the presence of Ronan?


Ronan is a breath of fresh air to a dark and twisted Blaire. He is everything she isn't interested in and it takes her by surprise, but when things seem to be getting too real for Blaire, she second guesses her thoughts. Is she really good enough for him? He’s too good for her, she knows it. He’s pure, he’s her innocence, he doesn't know her; he knows her facade. Pulling away is what’s right, no one gets hurt. Its easy.


“I know I'm living some kind of borrowed dream and that when I wake up, i'll crash and burn, but I won't let reality intrude just yet. I cant.”


The one thing Blaire is good at is men, so moving on from Ronan to another with less complications comes easy, and his name is Lawrence.


“He’s smoke; dark, dark smoke that clouds my senses, whispers against my skin, and fills up my lungs, polluting me with his intoxicating beauty.”


He’s just what she needs, a very very rich man, powerful, smart and attractive, Blaire is cut throat. It's the only way to protect Ronan, he needs to see her, he needs to peel back the layers and see the deeper, darker, raw side to Blaire.


“What if I told you that you could have me as many times as that man did if you could afford me?”


BAM there it is, his perfect pedestal that he has placed her on is tilting, its wavering, its breaking.


“I’m a gold digger, you know? I fuck for money.”


Brilliant, beautiful and thought provoking, gah I could go on and on! Mia blew me away with Arsen but this...this is different, its not like the pain of Arsen, but a beautiful pain. This woman, in my eyes, can do no wrong in the literary world. He way of pinpointing the emotion, the one you can’t form words to describe is poetic. It digs deep in you and stays there, rooted, embedded so you can’t grasp it. I waited a whole day to write this review, trying to get down how I felt and I still don’t feel like justice has been done.  
Review by Kayla


image5.JPG





Nook/Barnes & Noble: http://bit.ly/1rXb24Z


image4.JPG


I'm a writer, a hopeless romantic, a wanderer, a dreamer, a cynic, and a believer. And, I might be a bit crazy - but who isn't...?
I believe in happy endings however I know that not everyone is lucky enough to get one, but such is life. I think fine lines exist to be pushed and possibly crossed.
Love,
M.


image2.JPG



No comments:

Post a Comment