Thursday, January 29, 2015

Kirsty Dallas Violet Addiction

 
 
 
23502561



image1[1].JPG

 
 

 
There was no bright light in my death, but perhaps that is because I wasn’t destined for the angelic beauty of heaven. No, my short lived life had been played out with so much sin and excess that there would no doubt be a special cage in hell with my name on it. In my death, I felt and saw nothing. No warmth, no cold, no light, no darkness, just nothing. When I woke, he was gone, the only piece of perfection in my ugly world. Part of me was grateful that he had finally found the good sense to leave. Another part of me was broken, irrevocably and agonizingly broken.



image3[1].JPG

 

 
When I was asked to read Violet Addiction I never expected to encounter so many emotions. I found myself having to step away and take a breath, not because I didn't like the book, or because it wasn't holding my interest, but because it was so emotion filled.

Violet Trivoli and Cain Everett were best friends. Meeting at a young age and sharing a common love of music, they soon come to realize they are each others equil. Her mesmerizing voice, his captivating talent playing the piano, they find they are drawn to each other. As the years pass they are now a duo, successfully playing music together. Their friendship tilting over to the more than friends boundaries, but never too far.  

“His words were a smooth caress to my heart, and I wanted nothing more than for him to continue talking.”

Violet has an addiction, cocaine, when she uses, she hits it hard and falls even harder. Cain is there to pick her up, everytime, without fail. But when Cain realizes that he can no longer stand by and watch her downfall he walks away from Violet.

In her darkest depths, Violet learns to deal with everything in her past that she has suppressed, she’s doing well, coping with life without Cain the best she can and moving on. When a tragedy strikes she’s forced to return home, to where her her addiction started, and face her past. when she bumps into Cain for the first time since he left her, she never expects that his life has changed so much. Cain is just as shocked as she is...

“I dont want you to follow me there, Cain. My crazy is no place for you”

A beautiful, emotional, and self destructing read, her downfall was so hard but her rebirth was so heartwarming. Such a well written book. This was my first time reading a Kirsty Dallas book and won’t be my last.  
*Review by Kayla



image5[2].JPG

 

 
Amazon US links: http://amzn.com/B00O3M4GIS



image4[1].JPG






I grew up on the beaches of North Queensland, Australia before migrating south to the iconic Gold Coast in 1995. I traded the surf and my bikini for pajamas and a computer when I embarked on writing professionally in 2012. I've since developed a wicked computer tan and my mad ninja skills have been finely honed following many hours of reading paranormal and dystopian romance. I also have a closet horror fetish. Leatherface...*shivers*.
I love to hear from fans and other like-minded, creative people, so flick me an email, or come hang out at Facey or the Twitterverse.


 

 
image2[1].JPG










No comments:

Post a Comment