Tuesday, February 18, 2014

J. Bailes Spotlight tour w/ review




Synopsis:
***Mature Audience Only 18+***
Allie Anderson has encountered more heartache than any one person deserves. She's lost her father to cancer, her brother to war, and the love of her life –Wyatt - took her most prized possession and vanished without a trace. She’s left crushed and heart-broken.
Blake, Allie's best friend, is everything she needs; he'd give her the moon if she asked for it, but there's one problem - he wants Allie entirely. How can Allie give herself to anyone when she's not sure there’s enough left of her heart to give away?
Allie's life begins to fall into place. Her heart begins to heal. Being happy is no longer a foreign emotion. That is until the man who broke her years ago returns, shattering her fragile heart all over again.
Allie soon discovers that hearts are like broken glass; you can put it back together again, but it will never be the same.


Buy Links




Synopsis

After all of Allie’s loss, my thought was only on her and her happiness. On her love and need for her big brother. I was replaceable, Kyle wasn’t. I wouldn’t allow him to crush her heart with his death. I knew I had to follow him. I would throw myself on top of bombs, in front of bullets, whatever it took to get him home to her, alive. There are two sides to every story, and you’ve only heard one. Don’t be so quick to judge; I hate myself for what I’ve done. But all that I did, it was all for Allie.

Review
Shattered and Shaken Review

I received an ARC copy of Shattered and Shaken and I enjoyed this one. I don’t like giving spoilers for those who haven’t read the stories so I will try my best to help you understand why I gave this book a 5 star rating.

Shattered and Shaken takes you on an emotional roller coaster like none other; which also happens to be my favorite kind of story.
You will laugh, you will cry, and your jaw will drop at the end. It’s a must read!!!

In the beginning, Allie Anderson suffers from a broken heart. Her father passes away from a terrible battle of lung cancer, and her brother Kyle, leaves for the war overseas, getting killed in the line of duty.
Allie’s boyfriend of two years, Wyatt, leaves the next day after taking her virginity. That to me is very unforgivable, no matter what the reasoning may be.

Allie is left with her best friends Sophie and Blake. Sophie is a great friend and was able to pull Allie out of the house when she got to a bad place. Blake, well…… he is just amazing. I think every girl with a broken heart needs a good Blake in their lives!

Eventually, Allie and Blake decide to move on from a friendship and Blake is able to weasel his way into Allie’s heart- turning their friendship into a romance.

Blake is sweet, loving, caring and adores Allie with real genuine love, in which her heart desires. And over time, Allie learns to trust again.
I won’t go into more because I absolute hate spoiling the book for readers. But I will say; you must read the books in order to understand the whole story. And most importantly, you won’t be disappointed.


All for Allie

All for Allie MUST be read as book two, even though the story line takes place from before Allie’s brother leaves for the war.

From the beginning, I have been TEAM BLAKE all the way! I absolutely loathed Wyatt and how much he hurt Allie in book one. Blake, on the other hand, has been the best gift to Allie’s broken heart and he couldn't have come in and loved her at a better time.

However, All for Allie is with Wyatt’s POV and you get to learn his side of the story on why he had to leave and do the things that he did. Needless to say, after reading this one, I am now very torn on who to choose (even though I feel Wyatt leaving may still be unforgivable).

Buy Link


 Meet J. Bailes
Born and raised in Nashville, TN. A mother of three, wife to one, and nursing student turned writer. Loves all things pink, glittery, and chocolate.





No comments:

Post a Comment