Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Rogue by Katy Evans review


Synopsis:

The fourth story in the new adult series that began with the New York Times bestseller Real, featuring Brooke's best friend, Melanie, and the ROGUE she can't resist.

Greyson King...
My boyfriend. My friend. My protector. He's the reason I wake up every morning with a smile on my face, and the reason I fall asleep limp, worn out, and aching for his warm arms around me. When we make love, he says my name like it means something. Like I mean something.
He
Lied.
His name is Greyson King, but his alias is Zero.
There's zero trace of him, he has zero past, and now I know that with him, I will have zero future.
He may leave no trace of him anywhere, but his imprint is in me, in my very soul--and I hate that a mere look at him commands the beat of my heart. The temperature of my body.
I've looked for love my entire life. I've waited for the butterflies, the rainbows...
Instead I'm in a free fall of emotions and there's no one to catch me but the one man I should be running away from. The one man I thought was my prince charming.
Except this prince charming went rogue.
Greyson will stop at nothing to make me be with him. He'll let no one stand in our way, will allow no one to threaten me, and maybe this is what scares me most of all...
What will my rogue do to keep me?

Review

We loved Real, Mine and Remy, Katy Evans has blown us away she has an amazing talent of bringing characters feelings and emotions to life. This story is intense, it's a story about hope and redemption, of two characters who have never given their hearts fully to another, to love and be loved.


"Greyson won't be Riptide, I don't know what he'll be, but I'm thinking tsunami, hurricane, something unnatural and unstoppable." 


We first met Melanie Meyers in the first instalment of the series, Brooke's colourful but loyal best friend. At face value Melanie seemed to have it all, a perfect life, she loves to wear colour and it reflects the bubbly person she is. She has parents who dote on her always shining brightly in their eyes, she is a mouthy sexy vixen who can hold her own. However this is not the real Melanie, deep down she doesn't feel worthy of her life. She is failing at the one thing in life her mother wants for her, the love of a good man. The only men Melaine seems to be good at attracting are the bad boys who only ever up wanting one thing from her.Her hopes of wanting more with these men always seem to end up being nothing more than a long list of one night stands. After seeing the love Remy has for Brooke it's the one thing she now craves.

One move, a move that seems to be in the bag ends up being one of the biggest mistakes of her life. Her future and her life are now in view of a very dangerous man, Greyson King...

"Fu€k her Prince Charming. She's getting me."

Greyson King is the son of the underworld boss, a world filled with underground fighting and gambling, Greyson aka Zero is a ruthless man, he's unknown, the undetected collector with a perfect success rate. He is living a life he never wanted and forced to live, with his only weakness being used against him he is now forced to collect from a long list. On this list is a women, a green eyed women who has captivated him and has made him wish he were someone else. 

"She makes me feel like I'm not a robot, like I'm flesh and blood, a man not a number, not a job...not a monster, not a b@astard, not a zero."

One night of passion leads to so much more than either expected. A cold shower may be required! The chemistry and connection these two have with one another is nothing either have ever experienced before. When they are with each other nothing else around them matters, mind body and soul it's just Greyson and Melaine. When they are apart their are fighting their own demons, questioning themselves, what they are feeling and what they want. 


"He's a ten. I've never, ever been with a ten. And the way that he looks at me... I've seen that look before. The look that Remington Tate gives Brooke. That look. He's giving me and I'm dying inside. Can I die from one look?"


Melanie is insecure when it comes to Greyson, thinking that a man like him would never really love her, be enough for him, keep her around for anything more than a good time. 

Greyson has a lot of self doubt, he doesn't think he deserves a women like Melanie. His life is far too dangerous to get her involved in, she is his weakness having her exposed in his life is dangerous. Can they get past their insecurities and give into what they want?


"Brooke said you were my Real. That's what she calls the love of her life now. But you are not my Real, Greyson. You're my knight in leather gloves who went rogue."



The chemistry, passion and sex between Greyson and Melanie is off the charts, it's so intense almost like you are imposing on their time together. Greysons dominance and Melanie's fiestiness brings out an animalistic ecstasy, add Remy in here and there and you will be wondering why it suddenly got so hot. 

What an amazing edition to the series, we can't wait for Ripped and getting to see the real Pandora. 


Kristy - I love Katy Evans, why because she gave ME Remy! I had high expectations for this book, why? Because Katy did an outstanding job with the delivery of Remy. While Remy has my heart in this series I have to say that Grayson was freaking HOT. I was not disappointed at all, I love that once side characters have the spotlight and we get to see them in a different light, who they really are.

Author Links:








Buy links






Coming  Winter 2014:

Every woman wants me--except the one I sing for.

Seattle shakes with anticipation: they call it the concert of the year. They say girls are getting pregnant just thinking about my band being in town.

But when you love a girl, you don't leave her with nothing but a ring and a promise. Any man with half a brain should know.

So what did I expect my girl would do when she saw me again?

Well, for starters, she loathes our music. Particularly the song I wrote about her.

When I sing it, the stadium is in an uproar. Thousands of fans scream my name like I'm a god--but yeah, not her. Crystal clear: the girl's not happy to see me.

Black hair, black boots, a bad attitude, that's her -- Pandora Stone is a freaking man-eater and she's out for my blood.

That's alright.

Let her come at me. Because I'm out for her heart and, this time, there's no way she can stop me.



No comments:

Post a Comment