Wednesday, December 16, 2015

RELEASE BOOST- The Cornerstone by Kate Canterbary




Title: The Cornerstone
Series: The Walsh Series #4
Author: Kate Canterbary
Genre: Contemporary Romance 
Release Date: December 9, 2015



Blurb

A tough-as-nails businesswoman. An arrogant Navy SEAL. A power struggle with no end in sight.

Some people hook-up at weddings. Others break a hotel room bed (and a table, and a desk, and some complimentary bathrobe belts) and discover they've been surviving on bargain basement orgasms their entire lives.

The last one? Yeah. That's all me.

She's driven and demanding…


I wasn't always a bitch. There's a dirty little trick to succeeding in business: the sweet and innocent rarely survive. I fought my way up from nothing, and I don't bend for anyone.

Until Will Halsted ties me to a headboard and makes me his…for now.

One wild, filthy night turns into another, and then...we can't stop. Each time we're together is more addictive than the last, but it's nothing more than a sexy escape from reality.

Or is it?

He's never walked away from a challenge…

I wasn't always a warrior but now it's in my bones and blood. That's what years spent in the Special Forces does to a man. My entire life is classified: where I've been, what I've seen, what I've done, and there's no mission too dangerous.

Until I realize that falling for Shannon Walsh is like trying to swim against a riptide. She's going to tear me up and toss me to the shore, and I'll love every minute of it.

Every time I'm down range, I want her counting the hours until I'm back. Waiting for me. She's done it before; she'll do it again.

Or will she?

They're wrong for each other in every possible way…

Or are they?






Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK
iBOOKS / B&N / KOBO






Excerpt

Her pale brows drew together in a vicious scowl, and I recognized I was wrong about Shannon. She wasn't a socialite, not at all. She was a fighter, and a scrappy one at that.

"In other words," she said, "I run this town and I don't need any help doing it."

She shrugged and now that shoulder was all the way exposed. A wild splash of freckles ran across her skin, and I was too tired, too fed up with this conversation, too tightly wound to do anything but imagine tasting her right there. I pushed off from the counter and stared at the sea, all while searching for enough discipline to make it back to my room without doing something unbelievably stupid.

But instead of leaving the bar right then, I stopped beside Shannon and studied those freckles. "Like the tail of a comet," I murmured.

I reached out and traced a line from the ball of her shoulder across her collarbone. Then my gaze shifted to her mouth and those defiant, sinful lips, and my other hand was sliding up her neck and into her hair.

I didn't know why I did it. Maybe it had been too long since I touched a woman. Maybe I couldn't handle the post-deployment horny as well as I used to. Or maybe…maybe I wanted to get into a power struggle with Shortcake.

My forehead rested against Shannon's as I moved into her space, crowding her and feeling all five-foot-nothing of her pressed against me.

"What are you doing?" she whispered.

"Waiting for you to stop me," I said against her lips.





Also Available


99c

AMAZON US / UK



AMAZON US / UK



AMAZON US / UK






Author Bio


Kate Canterbary doesn't have it all figured out, but this is what she knows for sure: spicy-ass salsa and tequila solve most problems, living on the ocean--Pacific or Atlantic--is the closest place to perfection, and writing smart, smutty stories is a better than any amount of chocolate. She started out reporting for an indie arts and entertainment newspaper back when people still read newspapers, and she has been writing and surreptitiously interviewing people--be careful sitting down next to her on an airplane--ever since. Kate lives on the water in New England with Mr. Canterbary and the Little Baby Canterbary, and when she isn't writing sexy architects, she's scheduling her days around the region's best food trucks.



Author Links


No comments:

Post a Comment