Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Falcon's Prey by C. Lymari review

Falcon's PreyFalcon's Prey by C. Lymari


Now LIVE and Free in Kindle Unlimted

Amazon US: https://amzn.to/3axZZeW


Wide: mybook.to/FalconKU



4.5 Diamonds Don't Break Stars


Falcon's Prey is my first book by C. Lymari and from what I understand, it's her first venture into dark romance. That being said, she's got herself a new fan right here. Ren and Ember had me captivated from the start and I couldn't wait to see where their story would go.

Ember Remington is a diamond heiress with an exterior as cold as ice and as hard as the diamonds her family is known for. She puts on a show for the world but underneath it all, she is a broken soul. All the money and fame in the world hasn't given her the one thing she truly wants, which is the love and affection of another person.

"Ember Remington was beauty wrapped in sadness and sealed with hatred."

Ren Falcon is the quintessential anti-hero. He's done horrible things in his life and there's no shame about it. He relishes in the malevolence of it all. When he's hired on as Ember's bodyguard he refuses to bow down to her. He's there to do a job and get out. He wasn't expecting to see beneath the surface of Ember's tough exterior though.

Ember and Ren were absolute fire together. The angst between them damn near set my kindle on fire and had me on the edge of my seat just waiting for that moment to happen. Their chemistry jumped off the pages. It was like their souls were connected, a perfect combination of light and dark, good and bad.

“We were a couple forged in hell, and in each other we found paradise.”

While the relationship progression was more of an angst filled, slow burn, the plot was fast paced and action packed. I was trying to figure everything out as it went but I couldn't. There was definitely some surprises thrown in that I didn't see coming. I was left with a few minor questions and thought some plot points could've been more detailed which is why I rated a 4.5 instead of 5 stars.

Overall I really enjoyed Ren and Ember's story and I appreciated their growth throughout. If you're a fan of dark romance, suspense, mystery, and characters with hilarious banter, Falcon's Prey is for you.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment