Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Glass Heart Savage by Lindsey Iler Review

Glass Heart SavageGlass Heart Savage by Lindsey Iler
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

NOW LIVE AND FREE IN KU!!!
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2Xb0B7c
Amazon Universal: mybook.to/GHS




"You have glass hearts. All four of you. It's just a matter of time before someone comes along and exposes the cracks."

A solid 5 stars!!! I read a lot of bully romance.... to be honest, it's my crack. It's hard to find a book in this genre that stands out amongst the rest but Glass Heart Savage did just that. It is definitely something new and refreshing in the bully genre and unlike anything i've read so far. I've enjoyed Lindsey's previous works but they are on the sweeter, angstier side of romance. Lindsey Iler stepped outside the box of her normal genre with GHS and I really feel that this decision will put her on the map. This is the book that is going to make her career as an author soar.

Iler has created a world of darkness and depravity that will keep you on your toes guessing what will happen next. The whole setting, from the glass house at the top of the hill, to the weekend party, to the Halloween celebration, was fascinating to me. I could perfectly visualize everything as I read along. The writing was so detailed and descriptive I could close my eyes and imagine myself right there at Glass Heart Academy.

There are four anti heroes for you to love to hate and hate to love in GHS. Breaker.. I loved him from the get-go. Bryon... he is the darkest and most brutal one of all. Im not sure yet if he's worthy of redemption but I know his actions were driven by love and loss. Dixon, he's probably the second darkest of the four. He does show some remorse so I think he's capable of love. Im curious to see if he will get a story. Then there's Marek, the hero of GHS. Let me tell you about my boy. He has a darkness inside him that just loves to come out an play. More often that not his actions are questionable, and I found myself questioning my own morals for analyzing and justifying his behavior. He walked a fine line, though by the end of the story I know his heart was in the right place. He showed tremendous growth and it was hard not to root for him.

"Don't let me in, Palmer. You're going to want to, I can promise you that, but all i'll end up doing is hurting you."

Now Palmer, she is a force to be reckoned with. The epitome of strength and resilience when faced with the loss of her sister, the neglect of her parents, and the unsolicited attention from the glass heart boys. She's also sassy which I loved because she had no problem putting the boys in place. She's mostly reserved, but she too has a wild side that likes to come out and play. She was as ruthless mentally and sexually with the boys as the boys were physical with her. The fiery passion between Palmer and Marek is explosive. I thought my kindle was going to melt a few times.

The plot was fast paced, action packed, and engaging from the first page to the very last word. The mystery of what happened to Palmer's sister Reed, and what's going on at campus will keep you guessing right to the end. I have so many questions and theories. There are twists and turns, secrets and lies galore. But the biggest revelation comes on the last page where we're left hanging by a thread. I've said it once and i'll say it one hundred more times...Lindsey Iler was made to write dark romance. This book is gold and I can't recommend it enough.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment