Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Her Master's Courtesan by Lily White



Synopsis
I am a Master.

You must know this fact to understand my story.

I capture women.

I break them down.

And I rebuild them.

If they are lucky, they are sold into the professional hands of another Master. If they are less fortunate, they are buried beneath the ground, never to be thought of again.

I lust for the control, I demand absolute submission and my body yearns to warp the minds of those I train.

Power is the only thing I’ll ever need and I am addicted to the feeling of ultimate control.

I am wealthy, good-looking, educated and charming.

And I am - in no way - a good man.

I do not want love.
I do not want kindness.

She thought she could change me by giving me the two things I knew I never wanted.

She was wrong.
My Review

5 Dark and gritty stars!!! 

One of my favorite genres to read is dark erotica/romance. Sometimes you just need a break from the hearts and flowers stories that are so abundant and am always grateful to find a book that fills that want. And THIS book did just that. so before i go any further just know that if you are not comfortable reading about rape/non-consesual sex, murder, and violence this is NOT the book for you. It is certainly not a love story but a mind f*ck that had me reeling for days. I LOVED everything about Aiden and Rebecca's story.

I am-in no way-a good man.
I do not want love.
i do not want kindness.

Boy was he correct in his statements. Master Aiden kidnaps girls, based on requested traits from the buyer, and trains them to be courtesans (slaves) for the buyer. He is vicious in his ways and uses both physical and psychological abuse to break the girls down in order to build them back up. "I like breaking strong women, its more of a challenge and i feel more powerful as a result".

Aiden meets Rebecca at an art show, where she was viewing erotic work and was able to convince her to get coffee. Rebecca wakes up and is tied to a bed with no memory of how she got to where she is. I admired Rebecca's quiet strength throughout her training. "I was transfixed and split apart, my mind reeling against his touch while something deep inside me-something primal and instinctual-kept my eyes glued to the way he walked, or the fluid motion of his muscles beneath his crisp, button-up shirt".
This wasn't a case of Stockholm Syndrome either. Rebecca knew in her head what was going on was wrong, but her body reacted differently.

Aiden knew almost immediately after acquiring Rebecca that there was something different about her. "You are unlike anything I've known, Rebecca-I will admit that." Right from start it is a known fact that Aiden doesn't do love so just the fact that he acknowledged her as being different was a small victory for Rebecca in itself. "It was important for me to remain distant from the women I trained, yet this one somehow weaved her way into my thoughts and touched a part of me no woman had touched before."

By the end of the story I still very much admired and respected Rebecca but im on the fence about Aiden. Part of me does love him, but part of me is saying how the **** do you feel anything for him at all. I dont want to say to much and give the story away. I will say to go in with an open mind and be prepared to get lost in Aiden and Rebecca's world because once you start reading you wont want to put the book down.

Lily did a great job of creating in depth characters and creating a story that is sure to leave you questioning your sanity for days. I am definitely looking forward to her next book. She has a fan for life with me!

Teasers

(Shout out to Mistress Renee for making these)



"To be a true master you must know the limits of your slave and you wont need to be warned and you wont care when they get scared or are in pain.  You know when to stop and you know when you are pushing a person too far.  If the slave has been trained right, they will know by the look on their Master's face what is expected of them-they wont need to be told."
Buy the Book



Coming Soon from Lily White:

Her Master's Teacher

1 comment: