Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Beautiful Broken Promises by Kimberly Lauren review



SYNOPSIS
THIS IS A total STAND-ALONE NOVEL. No need to read the first two books in the series to enjoy this book. This is not a dark romance. 

Every day you stay gone
I die a thousand more deaths 


Lane Parker has secrets he hasn’t even told his closest friends. He may have earned their respect but it’s undeserved. He may seem genuine but he’s a total fraud. He may look strong, but on the inside he’s weak and drowning with no chance of catching his breath any time soon.

After four years, Lane finally gets the call he’s been waiting for. Given back a piece of the life he’s been fighting so hard to reclaim, will he be able to handle everything that comes along with it? And if so, can all of his broken promises be redeemed?

So, I don’t give up and I won’t let them win
I will find you and I will make sure that you know
You’re my everything.



MY REVIEW

Let me start off by saying this is a must read for 2014!!!!!

I went into this book blind, and I am glad that i did. It blew me away. It is quite different from Kimberly's first two books. Her writing just gets better and better and this is my favorite of her works!. Writing this review without spoilers is going to be difficult but I will do my best.  This is the type of book that you need to go into blind and after the first few chapters you will understand why.  

We first met Lane in Beautiful Broken Mess as the protective best friend of Audrey. I was intrigued by his character but never in a million years did I see his story going the route that it did. Lane has secrets that he has kept from everyone but a phone call on night changes his entire life. 

"Every day you stay gone I die a thousand more deaths." 

Lane has been living a difficult life the past 4 years. He is desperately searching for something that is missing and will go to any length to get it back. When he receives that phone call that he has been so desperately waiting for, Lane gets the chance to live the life that was snatched way from him. But that life comes with more than he was expecting, or prepared for.

Lane's character shows true strength and determination. He is fiercely protective of the ones he loves and is totally alpha! How he dealt with his tragedy was completely mind blowing and left me in awe of his emotional strength. I just wanted to wrap my arms around him and give him a hug. 

The story was absolutely amazing! It sucks you in from the beginning and will gut you until you are emotionally raw. But don't fret because Kimberly will put your heart back together, piece by piece. The characters are so perfect and well developed. Strangely enough, I loved the heroine just as much as the hero which is odd for me. Usually I have a favorite but these two were just so easy to love. A captivating read that had me glued to my kindle from cover to cover! Read the book, you will love it! 5 Promising Stars!!!


TEASER


BUY THE BOOK

Follow Kimberly Lauren







No comments:

Post a Comment